Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

{Review} Paradise Kiss



This move is Japanese movie based on a manga series by Ai Yazawa. I've come across the anime frequently during my anime days, but never actually watched it. The story is about a studious girl, Yukari 'Caroline' Hayasaka (Keiko Kitagawa) who attends a prestigious Japanese school. Because of the pressure her mom applied
on her at a young age, she's constantly trying to meet her moms standards. In this school, she (obviously) has a crush. A long time unrequited love named Hiroyuki Tokumori (Yusuke Yamamoto). One day after school, she gets picked by a group of bizarre(to say the least) young fashion designers to be the main model for their graduation assignment. After declining several times, the lead fashion designer George Koizumi (Osamu Mukai) she finally agrees to it.




***SPOILER ALERT***
It's been a really long time since I watched anything Japanese. I used to be hooked on anime, then got tired of all the Hentai and moved on to Japanese Drama, then discovered Korean Drama and the rest is history. I have to say I enjoyed this drama. Keiko Kitagawa is soo beautiful. She's gorgeous...like Fei on status.  However there were a couple scenes that made me go hmm?  This girl needs to work on her stalking skills. There's a scene in the movie where she's hiding behind a tree in broad day light with her phone out trying to snap a picture of her crush. Apparently that type of stuff must be normal in Japan because he just brushed it off, and in fact posed in a picture with her. To me, Tokumori was not cute. George though, was kinda cute. I wish he was a better actor though. That's another thing; she really ran away from home and moved in with some guy (who she said scared the shit out her) she just met? I guess she was studying so hard she missed the stranger danger class. My favorite part of the movie was the actual show. I LOVED the runway scene. She looked so gorgeous in her blue dress. She worked the hell out of that runway.

The movie had a nice sweet, happy ending. One of the reasons I enjoyed this movie was because though the acting was a little "meh," the plot was for the most part unpredictable. The setting was awesome, the fashion was great, the actors were mostly good. By the end of the movie when they had their happily ever after I swooned a little. Honestly you just have to take this movie for what it is. If you look at it by Hollywood standards it would fail miserably. For a Foreign film If I had to rate it, it would get a 7/10.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THIS DRAMA

0 comments:

Post a Comment